This is an hourly, non-exempt position reporting to the Team Leader of the Process Maintenance Group of RAM Enterprise, Inc. The successful candidate will be qualified to perform skilled electrical work to maintain and repair electrical systems and equipment. Responsibilities include providing electrical services, repairs and maintenance on electrical systems. Employee will be required to operate medium vehicles and must comply with state and federal health and safety regulations, and company policies and procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials
- Proficient in process control services, drives and drive coordination
- Proficient in low and medium switch gear services
- Proficient in motor control centers and PLC programming
- Design simple electrical systems
- Proficient in reading and drawing electrical diagrams
- Proficient in the installation of control panels, rough and finish wiring
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical control circuits for motors and control devices
- Supervise and provide technical experience to electrical group workforce
- Must possess above average math skills
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to identify wires by color
- Other job duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- A valid driver’s license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
- Four to five years of experience working as a journeyman electrician
- Knowledge to apply Federal, State and Company safety requirements to job-site practices
- Ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with all personnel
- Possess good communication skills, i.e., written, verbal and listening
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to plan, schedule, and organize tasks in an efficient manner in order to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated competency in adapting to change
- Must be self-motivated and willing to devote time to training programs
- Work is performed in various industrial settings, including; Shop environment, mining environment, construction environment. Work settings may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- Frequently required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) during the course of the workday, using proper lifting techniques.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
- RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing. RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are searching for a hands-on, energetic, forward-thinking person. You must be hardworking, dedicated, and a fast learner. An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take ownership of tasks is a plus.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send your resume, salary requirements, and application to:
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.