Responsible for safety processes and related programs at all RAM sites. Educates employees on Federal and State safety regulations. Coordinates and directs safety and related legal activities (MSHA, OSHA, and DOT). Represents Company with outside agencies and inspectors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Priority on overseeing supervision in incident/accident investigation.
- Assist supervision in training hourly employees in the basics of Loss Control.
- Work with Management to develop annual safety budget.
- Responsible for record-keeping and other documentation as related to company health and safety requirements.
- Work with location safety managers to perform audits, and stay in compliance with DOT, OSHA, MSHA, etc.
- Work closely with Management and HR supervisor to manage all Worker’s Comp claims
- Implement boiler plate pre-qualified forms for contract works
- Perform as Safety Leader on field service jobs as required.
- Actively monitor and audit work processes and practices for safety compliance and coach employees to follow best safety practices.
- Prepare and communicate findings and recommended corrective actions on all safety issues.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in the shop and in the field.
- Oversee third party random drug screening companywide.
- Address employee safety concerns in a professional manner.
- Ability to provide accurate interpretation of MSHA regulations
- Ability to provide the necessary reporting to state mining authorities in those states where we conduct business
- Knowledge to apply Federal, State and Company safety requirements to job-site practices.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated competency in adapting to change.
- Self-motivated and willing to devote time to training programs.
- Other job duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Five to ten years experience in safety related field, with supervisory experience preferred.
- CMSP Certification
- MSHA Blue card holder
- OSHA 10 and 30 certified instructor
- Familiar coordinating and reporting to third party compliance groups i.e. Browz, Aveda, ISN, etc.
- Travel to job-sties and all RAM facilities as required
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft platform, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience in accident prevention, safety auditing, safety/health compliance, and performance
- Work is performed in various industrial settings, including: Shop environment, mining environment, construction environment, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the workday.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
- RAM Enterprise, Inc promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment using mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
You must be hardworking, dedicated, and a fast learner. An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take ownership of tasks is a plus.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.