Conveyor Belt Technician
Job Summary: We are a seeking hardworking, experienced professionals to join our team. This is an hourly, non-exempt position. The successful candidate will serve as a Conveyor Belt Technician in our Nevada and/or Arizona Division. In this position, you must understand and promote Safety as your top priority.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position requires a commitment to safety as our number one priority, and a strong dedication to producing quality work
- Demonstrate proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials
- A valid driver’s license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
- Be willing and able to work a variety of schedules on-call, including dayshift, nightshift, weekend and holidays
- Comply with all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook
- Fully understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Complete time sheets and expense reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to drive truck and trailer combinations
- Ability to install mechanical splice materials and all related installation tools
- Ability to assemble vulcanizing equipment
- Ability to select and set up work area, including removal of conveyor components, clamping off belt, and raising counterweight
- Ability to properly lay out and prepare belt ends for a vulcanized splice, including lap splicing, and finger splicing on fabric belt widths from 24″-96″
- Possess working knowledge of steel cable splicing on belt widths from 36″-96″
- Ability to professionally manage customer concerns and employee concerns
- Ability and willingness to communicate with management in a professional manner
- Clearly and effectively communicate with staff members and customers
- General understanding of the product lines that we promote and the ability to communicate to customers the features and benefits of each
- Work independently with little supervision
- Ability to safely lift 75-100 pounds frequently, using proper lifting techniques
- Ability to obtain access to all regional customer properties
- Deliver products to customers
- Other job duties as assigned by management
- A valid driver’s license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment
- 2 – 3 years of previous experience in fabric and steel cord splicing is a plus
- Possess good communication skills, i.e., written, verbal and listening
- Work is performed in various industrial settings, including; Shop environment, mining environment, construction environment. Work sites may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and fumes from adhesives, solvents and paints.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders and work on elevated platforms,.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please submit your resume, application and salary requirements to:
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.