Deadline to Respond: August 9, 2015
We are seeking a hardworking, experienced professional to serve as Corporate Accountant with RAM Enterprise, Inc. This position will be located in the Elko service center, and will be responsible to engage with, and work to directly improve, the activities of the accounting department for multiple facilities. The position requires hands-on interaction with all aspects of accounting.
|Reports To:||Corporate Controller|
|Job Summary:||Corporate AP/AR, Accounting policy compliance, Financial reporting and analysis, GL reconciliations.|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Safety- Actively promote safety as the company’s number one priority by:
- Working safely
- Providing any assistance necessary to ensure your team members work safely as well.
- SPADE (Safe People Always Determine Excellence) Program
- Support and participate in SPADE Program
- Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations including Assets, Inventory, Accruals and Deferrals.
- Monthly journal entry preparation, review and data entry.
- Financial statement preparation including job costing and profit analysis.
- Periodic financial reporting and audits.
- Accounting policy development and compliance.
- Banking Duties
- Initiate electronic payments (ACH, Wire, and Book Transfers).
- Handle daily/monthly bank reconciliations.
- Corporate AP Duties
- Coding and entering of select corporate invoices into accounting system.
- Maintain vendor files including periodic review of AP aging reports.
- Maintain positive relations with vendors.
- Assist with 1099 reporting.
- Corporate AR/Credit Duties
- Maintain customer credit files including periodic review AR aging reports.
- Determine customer accounts and credit lines to be established.
- Review and adjust credit lines on a regular basis or when requested for existing accounts.
- Manage relations with collection agencies and credit reporting agencies such as Dunn and Bradstreet.
- Manage the application of late fees and finance charges, send monthly statements.
- Daily cash receipts application and reporting.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting preferred
- 2 to 5 years of experience in an accounting position required, with experience in mining, construction or similar industry preferred
- Advanced computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office products and ERP system
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of financial statements and cash flow analysis
- Must possess clear understanding of the purpose of legal documentation, and terms and conditions of the sales and installations contracts of Company’s products
- Experience in a construction collection environment a plus
- Detailed knowledge of required documentation and a thorough knowledge of Lien Laws that govern the transactional relationship between the Customer and the Company
- Knowledge of contract payments in a % completion environment essential
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, while prioritizing projects and meeting deadlines
- Must have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent team player with a flexible and open attitude
- Professional level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand, read, and write the English language.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with analytical ability
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Professional to maintain confidentiality
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
- Regular office environment expectations
- Sitting at least 80%
- Standing, walking, and bending at least 10%
- Twice annual travel to leadership meetings and trainings required. Infrequent travel to job sites may be required. In those circumstances there are the following industrial environment expectations:
- The environment may include minimal exposure to hazards typical of an industrial job site
- Personal protective equipment is required when on job sites, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear and – as needed- respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as needed.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send your application (download from www.ram-enterprise.com), resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.