Electrical General Foreman, Elko, NV
Deadline to Respond: May 31, 2016
This is a salary, exempt position in Elko, NV reporting to the Construction Superintendent. The successful candidate will be qualified to perform skilled electrical work to maintain and repair electrical systems and equipment. Responsibilities include sales and service of RAM’s electrical group, proficiency in selling and bidding electrical projects and supervision of the electrical workforce.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position requires employees who are committed to safety as our number one priority, dedicated to quality, are hardworking, highly skilled, and of good character
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
- Be willing and able to work a variety of schedules on-call, including dayshift, nightshift, weekend and holidays, and also be willing to travel and work out of town when necessary
- Comply with all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate electrical methods
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete electrical projects
- Prepare and submit estimates and progress and cost tracking reports
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the electrical and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer
- Fully understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Ability and willingness to communicate with management in a professional manner
- Proficient in motor control centers and PLC programming
- Proficient in the installation of control panels, rough and finish wiring
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical control circuits for motors and control devices
- Supervise and provide technical experience to electrical group workforce
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to safely lift 75-100 pounds frequently, using proper lifting techniques
- Ability to obtain access to all regional customer properties
- Direct and supervise workers
- Other job duties as assigned by management
- 10 years of experience working as a journeyman electrician
- A valid driver’s license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
- Knowledge to apply Federal, State and Company safety requirements to job-site practices
- General proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Advanced organizational ability, including managing multiple tasks/deadlines at once
- Must be able to hold the Qualified Persons C-2 Nevada Electrical License within 6 months of being hired.
- Ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with all personnel
- Possess good communication skills, i.e., written, verbal and listening
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to plan, schedule, and organize tasks in an efficient manner in order to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated competency in adapting to change
- Must be self-motivated and willing to devote time to training programs
- Work is performed in various industrial settings, including; Shop environment, mining environment and construction environment. Work sites may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and fumes from adhesives, solvents and paints.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders and work on elevated platforms,.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
You must be hardworking, dedicated, and a fast learner. If you are interested in applying for this job, please send your resume, salary requirements, and application to:
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.