Industrial Estimator- Elko NV
Deadline to Respond: Tuesday, May 31st
This is a salary position in Elko, NV that reports to the Director of Operations for RAM Enterprise, Inc. This position is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on a variety of complex projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all documents and site conditions to become familiar with project
- Communicate with clients, engineers, and all team members
- Direct or implement collection of all project data for project file.
- Review all estimate data to provide continuity and direction for a project
- Travel to clients and deliver estimate report presentations
- Maintain a computerized construction cost database for use by estimating and construction managers along with other team members
- Review documents and understand scope of work to bid
- Be able and willing to work a variety of schedules, including day or night shifts
- Knowledge of documents required to enter mine and industrial site(s)
- Makes an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available
- Obtain pricing for material and bids from subcontractors
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Assist Superintendents/ General Foremen in planning, setup and execution of large and sometimes complex projects
- Participate in training activities within the construction division
- Comply with all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook
- Other job duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent or five to eight years of related experience and/or training
- Five – Ten years of experience in the construction/mining industry preparing project estimates and bid documents
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to professionally manage customer concerns and complaints
- Ability to develop and perform Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for all jobs
- Ability to conduct and document thorough incident/accident investigations
- Ability and willingness to perform Daily Safety Meetings
If you are interested in applying for this professional opportunity, please send your resume, salary requirements and application to:
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.