Job Summary: We are seeking experienced, dedicated professionals to join our team. This is an hourly, non-exempt position. In this position, you must understand and promote Safety as your top priority. Positions in this classification are distinguished from lower rated technicians by virtue of their level of technical knowledge, training, and/or experience in the carpentry trade, and their ability to perform effectively in a lead role to coordinate and oversee the work of other technicians.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position requires a commitment to safety as our number one priority, and a strong dedication to producing quality work
- Demonstrate proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials
- Be willing and able to work a variety of schedules on-call, including dayshift, nightshift, weekend and holidays, and also be willing to travel and work out of town when necessary
- Performs skilled carpentry work in connection with the construction of industrial facilities.
- Comply with all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook
- Ability to fully understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Work cooperatively and maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Ability to analyze job and tools required
- Read and interpret blueprint, diagrams, and written instructions.
- Perform accurate measurements, and arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to perform and obtain necessary work permits (including confined space procedures), operation of monitoring equipment and all related paperwork and reporting requirements
- Understand and perform lock out/tag out procedures
- Identify and use basic rigging/lifting devices (cables, chains, come along, shackles, slings, straps, electric winches)
- Identify proper rigging for weight
- Possess basic hand tools: wrenches, sockets, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, measuring tape, speed square, levels
- Able to operate electric tools: impacts, drills, grinders, chop saw, band saw, winches, air compressor, generators, jack hammers
- Operation of hand and shop tools and powered equipment common to the carpentry trade.
- Ability to properly use cutting/welding equipment (torch, welder)
- Have knowledge of crane signals
- Operate the following equipment: forklift, man lift, scissor lift, skid steer
- Operate come along, air impacts, air hoist, tugger, hydraulic rams, porta powers, pressure washer
- Ability to perform pre-trip vehicle inspection (including related paperwork)
- Ability to hook up and drive truck and trailer combinations
- Assist to load and tie down items on a trailer
- Ability to complete job cards and expense reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Knowledge of documents required to enter minesite(s)
- Ability to organize 5000-23’s for all sites (hazard and site specific, annual refresher, badges) and make them available on demand
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to safely lift 75-100 pounds frequently, using proper lifting techniques
- Other job duties as assigned by management
- A valid driver’s license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment
- 7-10 years’ experience in commercial construction
- 5-7 years’ experience in concrete (form setting, flatwork)
- Knowledge of methods and materials common to the carpentry/woodworking trade.
- Knowledge of types of woods and composite materials and their best applications.
- Understanding of carpentry trade’s best practices and general building standards.
- Working knowledge of the Uniform Building Code (U.B.C.)
- Work is performed in various industrial settings, including; Shop environment, mining environment, construction environment. Work sites may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and fumes from adhesives, solvents and paints. Frequent exposure to high noise levels from power equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders and work on elevated platforms.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please submit your resume, application and salary requirements to:
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.