Industrial Journeyman Electrician
Job Summary: We are seeking experienced, dedicated professionals to join our team. This is an hourly, non-exempt position. The successful candidate will be qualified to perform skilled electrical work to maintain and repair electrical systems and equipment. Responsibilities include providing electrical services, repairs and maintenance on electrical systems. Employee will be required to operate medium vehicles and must comply with state and federal health and safety regulations, and company policies and procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position requires a commitment to safety as our number one priority, and a strong dedication to producing quality work
- Demonstrate proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials
- Be willing and able to work a variety of schedules on-call, including dayshift, nightshift, weekend and holidays, and also be willing to travel and work out of town when necessary
- Comply with all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook
- Fully understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Ability and willingness to communicate with management in a professional manner
- Proficient in process control services, drives and drive coordination
- Proficient in low and medium switch gear services
- Proficient in motor control centers and PLC programming
- Design simple electrical systems
- Proficient in reading and drawing electrical diagrams
- Proficient in the installation of control panels, rough and finish wiring
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical control circuits for motors and control devices
- Supervise and provide technical experience to electrical group workforce
- Must possess above average math skills
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to identify wires by color
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to safely lift 75-100 pounds frequently, using proper lifting techniques
- Ability to obtain access to all regional customer properties
- Other job duties as assigned by management
- Current Master Electrician Card for the states of either NV, Utah, Wyoming or Idaho.
- A valid driver’s license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
- 4-5 years of experience working as a journeyman electrician
- Knowledge to apply Federal, State and Company safety requirements to job-site practices
- Ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with all personnel
- Possess good communication skills, i.e., written, verbal and listening
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to plan, schedule, and organize tasks in an efficient manner in order to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated competency in adapting to change
- Must be self-motivated and willing to devote time to training programs
- Work is performed in various industrial settings, including; Shop environment, mining environment, construction environment. Work sites may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and fumes from adhesives, solvents and paints.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders and work on elevated platforms,.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please submit your resume, application and salary requirements to:
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.