Job Summary: We are seeking a hardworking, experienced construction professional who will oversee industrial construction projects. The Mechanical Superintendent will be responsible for interaction, communication with Project Managers, General Foreman, RAM personnel, and clients to ensure projects are completed within budget, on time, and satisfies Scope of Work (SOW) requirements. Must be a team player with excellent communication and organizational skills. This is a salary position, reporting directly to the Project Manager of RAM Enterprise, Inc.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Must have a proven record of commitment to Safety
- Must be an active listener, recognizing diverse perspectives and be capable of facilitating collaboration
- Must be dedicated to supporting the team through mentoring, training, and succession planning activities
- Ability to work with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner
- Perform random safety inspections, interact with field crews, promote safe working culture
- Attend production meetings
- Maintain records for site personnel such as daily field reports, field change orders, and RFIs
- Actively participate in risk management at various levels including formal risks assessments, safety analysis, ACE cards, ect.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met
- Leading and managing on-site construction team while coordinating and overseeing all work
- Must be able to place orders for materials, and is responsible for equipment and materials on-site
- This position could require travel and overnight stays depending on project location
- Other job duties as assigned by management
- Ability to work in various industrial settings, including; Shop environment, mining environment, construction environment, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles.
- Ability to safely lift 75-100 lbs. frequently, using proper lifting techniques
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
- Preferably 10 years’ experience in Industrial Construction Structural / Mechanical / Piping Projects
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Construction Superintendent
- Advanced understanding of MSHA and OSHA rules and regulations
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings, create material take-offs, cost estimates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- Ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with all personnel
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Projects, and Outlook
- Experience working on smartphones and tablets
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs
- A valid driver’s license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment
RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing. RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.