Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
Job Summary: We are a high energy, rapidly growing provider of quality products and services to the industrial industry. We are seeking a hardworking, experienced professional to serve as the QA/ QC Manager working from our Elko location. This position will be primarily responsible for overseeing all ASME code welding and AISC fabrication QA/QC programs. This position may also require travel and work out of Utah, Arizona or other RAM service centers. Travel is required, but should be minimal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully manage the ASME & AISC QA/QC programs, along with continued administration and development.
- Proactively resolve issues and remove barriers that may interfere with success, in a timely manner
- Must maintain an active CWI certification in good standing
- Maintain current knowledge of AWS / ASME standards as it applies to RAM business and adapt as new challenges are presented
- Effectively manage and track multiple projects as it applies to your responsibilities
- Develop, make changes to, and effectively implement company QA/QC policies
- Travel to customer sites and review RFQ’s, work with customers to identify P&ID’s required for work to be performed ( this may require overnight travel )
- Travel among facilities as-needed to educate, mentor, train and develop standards company-wide.
- Initiate, complete and ensure continued standardization of all welding program requirements at each facility during slow periods in the Elko facility or as directed based on business levels.
- Maintain all documentation and files for past, ongoing and upcoming work as it relates to our stamps and program requirements.
- Maintain controlled copies(s) of the QA/QC manual, update and re-assign as required
- Act as the primary liaison between our code stamp insurance carrier and the company, performing all AI reviews and certification processes (Joint Review). Maintain the integrity of our “R” stamp, as well as our AISC certification.
- Maintain continuity logs of all welders associated with our welding program ( both locally and in other offices )
- Maintain all logs, certifications, travelers and other documents in established locations and ensure items are backed up on an external hard drive
- Write weld procedures using weld pro-write or other and follow through with approval of weld procedures ensuring acceptance to ASME / AWS standards
- Work with outside vendors to promote clear requirements and convey specific expectations as needed in the course of all activities associated with welding and job performance. Assist with scheduling as needed to facilitate PWHT, PT, UT, RT testing as required to meet a projects requirements
- Work with outside inspection agencies to conduct weld testing of full time and temporary employees during outage seasons
- Maintain control of our Code plates, maintain log and issuance and installation as required
- Travel with Team Leaders, Project Leaders, Crew Leaders as required to do sales calls or presentations, to speak on behalf of the company with regard to technical requirements of a given project and explain our welding program , code requirements and speak to our QA/ QC programs.
- Assist with the quote development of projects related to welding, fabrication and the special services associated with the projects
- Other job duties as assigned by management
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record
- Possess and maintain a valid CWI certification from the AWS
- Possess proven managerial and leadership skills
- Possess experience related to Boiler Pressure Vessel code
- Possess experience doing in-process inspections of welding and fabrication activities
- Must be able to climb stairs and work at heights above 100’, wearing a safety harness as required
- Must be able to able to work in adverse climates – temperatures above 110 Degrees F to below freezing
- Possess advanced computer skills and the ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be a courageous leader, willing to identify issues and manage them from discussion to successful resolution
- Possess the ability to accept personal responsibility to deliver on commitments
- Comply with all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook
- Have a strong determination to achieve goals, and passion for taking initiative
- Have a proven history of meeting or exceeding aggressive deadlines in uncertain environments
- Have experience in successfully leading a small team and delivering high quality results
- Possess the ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with customers and suppliers
- Have practical knowledge of quality best practices and their application
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences including small “in house” teams and in front of large groups of people
- Possess the ability to objectively view an application or service from the user/customer perspective
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
If you are interested in applying for this professional opportunity, please send your resume, salary requirements and application to:
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.