Safety Team Leader
Job Summary: This is a salary position in Elko, NV that reports to the Director of Operations, and the Corporate Safety Director for RAM Enterprise, Inc. Responsible for safety processes and related programs at Elko operating sites. Educates employees on Federal and State safety regulations. Coordinates and directs safety and related legal activities (MSHA, OSHA, and DOT). Represents Company with outside agencies and inspectors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Priority on assisting lead supervision with hazard recognition.
- Priority on assisting supervision in incident/accident investigation.
- Assist supervision in training hourly employees in the basics of Loss Control.
- Coordinate all Elko employees’ hazard and site specific training
- Conduct MSHA Surface training for Elko employees.
- Work with Safety Director to develop annual safety budget.
- Responsible for record-keeping and other documentation as related to company health and safety requirements.
- Perform as Safety Leader on field service jobs as required.
- Actively monitor and audit work processes and practices for safety compliance and coach employees to follow best safety practices.
- Prepare and communicate findings and recommended corrective actions on all safety issues.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in the shop and in the field.
- Administer random drug testing program for NV group.
- Manage forklift safety program, SOP program and respirator fit testing as required by OSHA and MSHA.
- Manage safety issues using a behavior based approach.
- Address employee safety concerns in a professional manner.
- Other job duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Three to five years experience in safety related field, with supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft platform, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience in accident prevention, safety auditing, safety/health compliance, and performance as a safety technical advisor.
- Ability to provide accurate interpretation of MSHA and Nevada mining safety regulations.
- Knowledge to apply Federal, State and Company safety requirements to job-site practices.
- Ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with all personnel.
- Possess good communication skills, i.e., written, verbal and listening.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Budgeting skills.
- Demonstrated competency in adapting to change.
- Self-motivated and willing to devote time to training programs.
- Work is performed in various industrial settings, including; Shop environment, mining environment, construction environment, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
- RAM Enterprise, Inc promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing. RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We’re searching for a hands-on, energetic, forward-thinking person. You must be hard-working, dedicated, and a fast learner.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please submit your resume, application and salary requirements to: