This is an hourly, nonexempt position in Salt Lake City, UT that reports to the Director of Operations for RAM Enterprise, Inc. Responsible for safety processes and related programs at Salt Lake City operating sites, both surface and underground. Educates employees on Federal and State safety regulations. Plans, implements, coordinates and directs safety and related legal activities (MSHA, OSHA, and DOT). Represents Company working with internal team members as well as with outside agencies and inspectors.
Modified Permanent Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have a proven record of commitment to Safety.
- Must be able to demonstrate proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials.
- Responsible for providing support to Safety Team, assisting lead supervision with hazard recognition, and incident/accident investigation.
- Assist supervision in training hourly employees in the basics of Loss Control.
- Coordinate all employees’ hazard and site specific training, and drug testing.
- Conduct MSHA Surface and Underground training for employees.
- Co-manage, with other company officials, internal and external company reporting requirements for MSHA, State of Nevada, OSHA, and DOT.
- Responsible for record-keeping and other documentation as related to company health and safety requirements.
- Perform as Safety Leader on field service jobs as required.
- Actively monitor and audit work processes and practices for safety compliance and coach employees to follow best safety practices.
- Prepare and communicate findings and recommended corrective actions on all safety issues.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in the shop and in the field.
- Participate in random drug testing program.
- Manage forklift safety program, SOP program and respirator fit testing as required by OSHA and MSHA.
- Manage all employee job related medical issues (including, but not limited to the initial doctor visit and all follow-up visits).
- Manage safety issues using a team approach.
- Address employee safety concerns in a professional manner.
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of scheduled on-call, including day/night shifts, weekend, and holidays.
- Must be available to travel and work out of town when necessary.
- Other job duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two to three years previous surface or underground experience in supervision and/or safety related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience in accident prevention, safety auditing, safety/health compliance, and performance as a safety technical advisor.
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for insurability to drive company vehicles.
- MSHA Blue Card holder or ability to obtain blue card within three months of hire.
- Ability to provide accurate interpretation of MSHA and Nevada mining safety regulations.
- Knowledge to apply Federal, State and Company safety requirements to job-site practices.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft platform, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to develop and sustain positive working relationships with all personnel.
- Possess good communication skills, i.e., written, verbal and listening.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Work is performed in various industrial settings, including; Shop environment, mining environment, construction environment. Work settings may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.