Job Summary: We are a seeking hardworking, experienced professionals to join our team. This is an hourly, non-exempt position, reporting is to the Underground General Foreman in charge of the project. In this position, you must understand and promote Safety as your top priority.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position requires a commitment to safety as our number one priority, and a strong dedication to producing quality work
- Must be able to demonstrate proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materia
- Be willing and able to work a variety of schedules, on-call, including dayshift, nightshift, weekend and holidays, and also be willing to travel and work out of town when necessary
- Performs skilled carpentry work in connection with the construction of industrial facilities
- Perform as Safety Leader on field service jobs as required, while also performing Construction tasks and duties.
- Actively monitor and audit work processes and practices for safety compliance and coach employees to follow best safety practices
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in the shop and in the field
- Ability to fully understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Work cooperatively and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Ability to analyze job and tools required
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and written instructions
- Understand and perform lock out/tag out procedures
- Identify and use basic rigging/lifting devices (cables, chains, come along, shackles, slings, straps, electric winches)
- Possess basic hand tools: wrenches, sockets, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, measuring tape, speed square, levels
- Able to operate electric tools: impacts, drills, grinders, chop saw, band saw, winches, air compressor, generators, jack hammers
- Operation of hand and shop tools and powered equipment common to the carpentry trade.
- Ability to properly use cutting/welding equipment (torch, welder)
- Operate the following equipment: forklift, man lift, scissor lift, skid steer
- Operate come along, air impacts, air hoist, tugger, hydraulic rams, porta powers, pressure washer
- Assist to load and tie down items on a trailer
- Knowledge of documents required to enter minesite(s)
- Ability to organize 5000-23’s for all sites (hazard and site specific, annual refresher, badges) and make them available on demand
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to safely lift 75-100 pounds frequently, using proper lifting techniques
- Ability to obtain access to all regional customer properties
- Other job duties as assigned by managemen
- A valid driver’s license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment
- 1-2 years’ experience in commercial construction
- 3-4 years’ experience in concrete (form setting, flatwork)
- Knowledge of methods and materials common to the construction trade.
- Knowledge of types of woods and composite materials and their best applications.
- Understanding of carpentry trade’s best practices and general building standards.
- Work is performed in various industrial settings, including; Shop environment, mining environment, construction environment, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particle
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) during the course of the workda
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.